Rules and Regulations
ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR THE PRESCRIBED UNIFORM AND SCHOOL ID AT ALL TIMES:
- Black pants/slacks (not maong, flared or baggy pants)
- White polo shirt/shirt jack with the school logo on the left pocket
- White plain undershirt
- Black leather shoes & white socks
- Royal blue pleated skirt ( 2 inches) below the knee
- White blouse with marine/sailor collar
- Blue tie with the school logo in it
- Black shoes (boy’s shoetype - not platformed shoes)
- White socks (not knee-high/foot socks)
- P.E. uniform should be worn during P.E. classes only
- (Boys and Girls) White shirt with printed school name or plain white
- Navy blue jogging pants
- Rubber shoes (Slippers, mojo, clogs & sandals are not allowed except in very special cases)
- Boys must have decent haircut. Skin-head type or spiked style is not allowed. Girls should keep hair away from their faces. Dyed hair is not allowed.
- Wearing jewelry or expensive watches is discouraged. No dangling earrings for girls. Wearing of earrings among boys is strictly prohibited.
DECS SERVICE MANUAL 2000, CHAPTER 3. (FOR FIRST AND OTHER OFFENSES WHICH ARE NOT VERY SERIOUS IN NATURE, A SUSPENSION NOT TO EXCEED THREE (3) DAYS MAY BE AUTHORIZED BY THE PRINCIPAL. PARENTS ARE TO BE INFORMED OF ANY MISCONDUCT FOR WHICH DISCIPLINARY ACTION IS NECESSARY. THE FOLLOWING ARE GROUNDS FOR SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION:
- Repeated violation of the school policies, rules and regulation.
- Open refusal to accept corrective or disciplinary measures.
- Unwholesome conduct inside/outside the classroom as reported by teachers and other personnel.
- Cheating in any form in tests and/or subject requirements.
- Stealing and reported shoplifting.
- Deliberate acts of vandalism and destruction of school property.
- Assault of person in authority.
- Infliction of physical injuries on peers, teachers, and school personnel.
- Bringing outsiders causing trouble and resulting injuries to students, teachers and school personnel.
- Possession or use of prohibited drugs.
- Membership in fraternities and other illegal or outlawed organizations and involvement in hazing whether inside or outside the school.
- Smoking, bringing and/or drinking liquor and other hard drinks.
- Bringing, selling and exploding firecrackers inside the school.
- Bringing/playing playcards, magic cards, and /or gambling.
- Bringing pornographic magazines/materials.
- Carrying deadly weapons, knife/chaku, teargas, brass knuckles, ice pick and other pointed objects.
- Public Display of Affection.
- Bringing of MP3, MP4, PSP and other electronic gadgets/gizmos.
- Use of cell phones inside the classroom and during class hours.
A STUDENT MUST MAINTAIN A GRADE OF AT LEAST 85% IN ENGLISH, MATH AND SCIENCE AND 83% IN OTHER SUBJECTS TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE STUDYING AT THE MANILA SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL. FAILURE TO MEET THE GRADE REQUIREMENT SHALL BE REASON FOR TRANSFER TO OTHER SCHOOLS AFTER PROPER EVALUATION BY A COMMITTEE.
NO STUDENT IS ALLOWED TO GO OUT THE SCHOOL DURING CLASS HOURS. ONLY IN EXCEPTIONAL CASES SHALL A WRITTEN PERMISSION AND WAIVER FROM PARENTS BE CONSIDERED TO PERMIT THE STUDENT TO LEAVE THE SCHOOL.
PUNCTUALITY AND REGULARITY OF ATTENDANCE ARE REQUIRED IN ALL CLASSES. In the event the child incurs three (3) instances of absences, parents must come for a conference after which repetition of the same offense will be ground for a serious disciplinary action as stated in Item 2-a of the Agreement. Assembly time is 6:15 - 6:45 AM. Flag ceremony is at 6:45 am. First period class is at 7:00 a.m. Tardiness of 5 minutes is a reason for non-acceptance in the first period classes. Habitual tardiness especially during the first period in the morning shall not be allowed. Guidance Counselor concerned shall call for the parents of the student concerned or visit him at home.
- 1st offense - reprimand
- 2nd offense - non-attendance in the 1st period class
- 3rd offense - Parents shall be called for a conference
CONFER WITH TEACHERS AND CLASS ADVISERS OF YOUR CHILD’S PROGRESS IN SCHOOL ESPECIALLY AT THE END OF EACH GRADING PERIOD AFTER CARDS HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED AND SIGNED BY YOU.
CAMPUS SECURITY (DECS SERVICE MANUAL 2000, CHAPTER 3). ONLY BONAFIDE STUDENTS OF THE SCHOOL SHALL BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE SCHOOL CAMPUS.No visitor shall be allowed inside the campus during school hours except for valid reasons. They shall be required to sign the logbook of the security service.Parents/guardians should confer with the teachers during the teacher’s vacant periods.No students or visitor shall be allowed to stay inside the school building and the premises after the last class period has ended.